Social Innovation Research Lab
Social Innovation Research Lab is a research institution affiliated with Seoul Innovation Center managing Seoul Innovation Park. Social innovation refers to new ideas and practices for solving social challenges caused from the failure of the market and the government.
Social innovation is oriented towards efficient and sustainable solutions for various social problems that would change the entire community for the better.
We think that the subject of social innovation is citizens and communities. Therefore, Social Innovation Research Lab seeks to conduct community-based participatory research with all citizens, i.e. collaborative studies designed for the diffusion of social innovation.
- Seeking out collaborative intelligence through joint research on social problems.
- Sharing the research results with all citizens.
- Going beyond the traditional frameworks for social research and to pursue creative alternatives.
- Listening to ordinary citizens' innovative voices so as not to indulge in experts' abstract thinking of the indoor labs.
- Attempting to broaden our horizons of social innovation.
- Part of a knowledge network that incorporate innovative thinking into our everyday lives.
- Innovate social science research methods
- Keep a balance between theory and practice
- Creatively re-combine macro and micro issues
- Establish a collaborative research system
Your small actions can change Seoul for the better!
- Suggest your ideas for innovations in the areas of local community building, social economy, sharing cities, youth policy, urban regeneration, etc.
- Monitor the progress of Seoul Metropolitan Government's social innovation initiatives such as Secure Parcel Delivery Boxes for Women, Recycling Stations, Crime Prevention through Environmental Design, the Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Patient, Housing Regeneration Programs, House of Hope (social housing for students), and Open Government Data and Information Initiative.
Engage yourself in solving social problems that are ignored by both the government and the market.
-Join us and make Seoul one of the leading brands of social innovation.
Social Innovation Research Lab would make research on the theories, policies, and experiments of social innovation
We seek participatory R&D practices that can incorporate the creative ideas and experiments of ten-million Seoul citizens into social innovation initiatives.
We attempt to elaborate the theoretical frameworks for social innovation studies that are still in a very early stage of development.
We try to integrate various case studies, both domestic and international, and theoretical studies into a coherent whole, thereby facilitating the transformation of research results into practical policy proposals.
Social Innovation Research Lab would study real people's real needs, and disseminate and share research results
Social Innovation Focus
An issue paper that offers ongoing discussions on social innovation topics.
Social Innovation in Reality
An in-depth briefing on the latest development and trends of social innovation experiments in the various fields.
Citizens and Social Innovation
Public opinion polls and surveys on citizens’ awareness, satisfaction, and responses about social innovation.
Perspectives on Social Innovation
An in-depth academic journal that is designed to integrate theory and practice.
Innovation in Our Society
A comprehensive study report that aims to incorporate various research results into a coherent whole, and thereby facilitate setting practical social innovation agenda.
Social Innovation Research Lab connects citizens to the social innovation network.
Social Innovation Workshop,
||An open table discussion to share a variety of opinions including cases, theories, and policies of social innovation.|
|Nationwide Social Innovation Conference||A comprehensive conference brings researchers and activists together in order to share their experiences and evaluate the results of social innovation activities.|
|Nationwide Activist Camp||Innovation activists gather together in Seoul Innovation Park not only to share their ideas and promote cooperation, but also to play and have a fun.|
|Seoul International Conference for Social Innovations||The city of Seoul, seeking to be the international center for social innovations, will prepare to hold an international conference for community innovation activists.|
- E-mail : [email protected]
- Tel. : +82-70-4771-0032
- Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/seoulinnovationlab